Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add issues as child to a specific issue if Automation is used?

Christian Horn January 27, 2021

Hi all, we set up a Structure that uses Automation (because Automation can sync issues managed by Plan (former Portfolio)). Now I would like to have in addition issues without any link to be added as child of a specific issue. For this I would have to use a Synchronizer because it seems that Automation can't do this.

I set up a Sychnonizer but nothing happens (it works if I define a Structure with the Synchronizer only).

So, it seems that Automation and Sychronizer can't be used in parallel in the same Structure.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 28, 2021

Hello Christian,

Synchronizers indeed can't work with generators since they can't recognize dynamic content.
If you want to link new issues with the Parent link, then you can just open the Double Grid in your structure, search for issues you want to add and then drag and drop them to your structure on the left under respective parent issues. The existing Extend generator for adding issues with the Parent link will create this link between the parent in the structure and issues that are being moved under it. You can also create a different link in Jira between such issues if you want by having another Extend generator in the structure configured to a different link type.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please contact us directly at support.almworks.com so we could take a look at your set-up in more detail.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events