Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Kill/Interrupt/Abort/Cancel an "In Progress" Jira Automation job

Mark B Wager February 19, 2021

I have a Jira (server) automation rule running -- it shows "In Progress". It has been this way for over 24 hours.

I think this is because I inadvertently created a branch action that applied to ALL issues, instead of a more limited JQL list. 

How do I cancel this job before it finishes?   (And, this might not be a big deal for this one, but the answer to this question will help me now AND in the future.)

Thanks,

Mark 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2021

Hi @Mark B Wager 

Are you asking about an Automation for Jira (A4J) rule, with a branch?  If so, branches can only process up to 100 issues (with or without JQL).

And, at a project level I haven't seen anything for halting a rule in progress.  If you disable the rule does it have any impact?  (I would suspect not because the engine queues and runs these asynchronously.)

Best regards,

Bill

Mark B Wager February 19, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Yes. Just a typical branch rule. It does seem odd that it isn't finished running. (I had forgotten that it only processess 100 issues.) 

I did disable the rule, but as you suspected it doesn't affect the past instances of the rule. I can run the rule again (with my components changed to avoid the same issue) and they run fine. But, the original rule is still "In Progress".

This is a "Global" rule. I'm not sure how global are different from project level except for scope, but I thought I should mention it.

2021-02-19 13_59_12-Project automation - Brotherhood Mutual JIRA.png

Thanks,

Mark

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2021

Hmm... I recommend talking to your site admin about submitting a ticket to support for help if it stays stuck in progress.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events