Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use Advanced Fields to set Target Start and Target End

Julia October 29, 2021

I cannot figure out which smart values I can use in the Advanced field section to set Target Start and Target end. 

1. When issue transitioned to In Progress

2. Set "Target Start" to the current day 

Help!

1 answer

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2021

I would have thought they were {{issue.Target Start}}? But to get the exact custom field ID, go to Settings/custom fields....search for "Target" then click on the ellipses (3 dots)and select "View field information" the customfield id should be in the URL.

It is on Cloud.....realise you are on server though

Julia November 1, 2021

This is what I am trying to do, and it says the value must be a string. How would I set the value of Target Start to the present day? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 8.58.21 AM.png

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

I haven't ever used Target date, but I'm wondering if you need to prescribe the exact date format for the field.

Work that out then have a play with some inspiration form Use smart values to manipulate and format dates | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support 

Julia November 2, 2021

Turns out this has been raised to Atlassian and they're gathering interest. Target Start can't be set because it comes from Portfolio for Jira 

Like Curt Holley likes this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2021

Aha

@Julia that makes sense...though other such fields (Team) can be used, if somewhat hamstrung.

Anyway, simple solution. Create your own date fields (or use other existing if available) and use them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events