Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I automate a periodic export of filtered Jira data to a CSV file?

Jeffrey Lyons December 7, 2022

I see how to do an export from the UI on-demand, but I need to do a daily export of selected FEATURE records to sync to another system, via GSheet.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Lynne Ratcliffe December 7, 2022

Hi @Jeffrey Lyons are you familiar with the free add on Jira cloud for sheets.  We use this for a lot of our reporting.  You set up your query of what you want to pull into sheets and there is a setting to schedule it to update. Not aware of an automated save to CSV but it can be downloaded as a CSV

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

THIS is a much better answer!

Like Lynne Ratcliffe likes this
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2022

Thanks @Lynne Ratcliffe through your link I found Jira Cloud for Excel !

Like Lynne Ratcliffe likes this
0 votes
Charlie Gavey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Jeffrey Lyons

I’ve linked your suggestion to a related feature request, which counts as an upvote for this ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-241

Cheers,

Charlie

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hey @Jeffrey Lyons and @Mark Segall ....

Well, you could use the Web Request action to make a POST to somewhere on the Internets, and you could schedule that to run against a JQL query against your FEATURE project every day.

The problem would be that I'm pretty sure Google GSheets and Drive's APIs require more complicated authentication than can be done with Web Requests (which are limited to Basic Auth in headers).

So what I guess I'm saying is that another alternative would be to try and find or create a service that can "receive" data from an Automation POST, and "feed" it to Google, and this would at least alleviate you from having to program to the the Jira API.

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

Hi @Jeffrey Lyons - Natively, this simply isn't possible.  You would need to do some custom development for this leveraging the API.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events