Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you have workflow create a story on an epic when another story is closed?

Ray Albert November 12, 2021

I am working on a new workflow that would do this.

when a person creates an epic and utilizes a certain word - decom

that the workflow would create the epic and 1 story assigned to a dept to process (i have that working).

once that team has closed it, then it would then create another story and keep it assigned to that same epic.  

This could happen multiple times depending on the decom ticket and which teams need to process a removal of an item.  

This needs to be done in order as if anyone rejects, than the process would stop.  but also, the process has to be done in order or alarms go off.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

Hello @Ray Albert 

As I understand the problem statement, I believe this is not possible using the workflow rather this can be accomplished by leveraging Automation.

Using Automation you can define as soon as the Story for Dept1 is resolved, a new story is created, linked to the epic and assigned to the appropriate team.

In case the Story is rejected, then the process stops and no further stories are created.

Please let me know if this aligns with the use case.

Kindly accept the answer of this helps.

How and what is the automation?

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

Automation is a new feature in Jira, which used to be a plugin earlier. It helps automate repetitive tasks with low-code/ no-code implementation.

Please refer to the Atlassian documentation here.

what version of Jira do you need to be on to have this.  If we are not on that version is the Plugin Free and where do you get the plugin?

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2021

This is natively available for all Cloud instances, while for Server or Data Centre it is available as a plugin. The plugin details are available here.

Thank you.  I will get with my Jira admin and get them working on downloading the Plugin.   Thank you for your assistance and help. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events