Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i change the reporter with a value of a text field that contains the name of

ADM Amar Msaid April 7, 2023

I want to change the reporter of issue and set it to another user.

i have only a text field that contains the name of the user.

how can i do this in Jira Work Management using automation script ?

2 answers

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Hi, I apologize @Ignacio Aredez , but I again have to ask, have you tested what you recommended?

Because I am not aware of a 'Lookup user' action available in "Automation for Jira" (although it really does need one!)

Instead we've had to use a workaround of using an REST API call, as described here: Populate a user picker field from the description field 

@ADM Amar Msaid so to get the user ID, you would need to follow those instructions, and your API call would look something like:

https://YOURSITE.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/user/search?query={{issue."Your Fieldname".urlEncode}}

ALSO, it's good to remember that the /user/search query is a not an exact match, so if there are say, multiple users with the same name, it will find all of them, but in the example, they are only setting Reporter to the first match.

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Hi @ADM Amar Msaid , thanks for your question.

I have understood you want an automation to substitute the reporter of an issue with another user.

The choices for who you can substitute with the reporter in the cloud are quite limited, as you can't just insert a username. 

You can either COPY the reporter from another person entity in the ticket, like this

image.png

Or SET the reporter, again specifying a user or someone who has a relationship with this issue -

image.png

I hope this helps but if not, please can you give some more context for what you are trying to achieve? Then either I or someone else can try to help.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events