Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set an automation slack for jira when a due date is approaching?

Siti Nur Atikah November 11, 2021

For example, an intern will end their internship on 12/11/2021. How can I set a reminder that will be send to a channel in slack 2 weeks before the internship ended.

For Ng Sze Jin, the due date for internship is on 31st December 2021. So, I want a channel in slack to give reminder that her internship will ended in 2 weeks before the due date. I try to schedule the date and set it to every day. I am not sure if this is possible. 

image (2).png

image (1).png

I need someone help me. Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2021

Hi @Siti Nur Atikah 

You need add in your JQL sub query to filter issues based on due date. Something like this.

due >= -1w AND due <= 2w order by created DESC

I hope it helps.

Ravi 

Siti Nur Atikah November 11, 2021

can I know what do you mean by DESC?

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2021

Well it is just to get the results in descending order based on creation date. You don't have to use it.

due >= -1w AND due <= 2w 

This query should also work fine.

Ravi 

Like Siti Nur Atikah likes this
Siti Nur Atikah November 12, 2021

image (3).png

Is it the Cron expression refer for notification time?

Siti Nur Atikah November 12, 2021

Hi. I have tried your solution and it works for a particular person just like I wanted. Thank you. But, there is one more thing that I am not sure of. How can I change the schedule to 2 weeks before the due date. In this picture, I set the schedule every 5 minutes. But in my case, I would like to give reminder 2 weeks before due date. 

image (4).png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events