How can I iterate through a multi-select field in an Automation for Jira flow?

stringsonfire June 8, 2020

Hi

I have a multi-select field called "Teams". When the issue reaches the "Ready for Dev" stage, I want to create a subtask for each option selected in "Teams", populating a single select "Team" field in the sub-task.

Is there a way to iterate through the selected items in the "Teams" field, and run a branch for each selection? I'd also need a custom value to set the single-select Team field to, like {{multiselect.iteration}}.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Elad Ben-Noam June 18, 2020

Hi @stringsonfire,

There is a way that I found, but I'm not sure this is the easiest.

When the status = "ready for dev" run:

if "Teams" not empty -> "create issue" and populate the "Team" field with the smart value {{issue.Teams.first.name}}

on the more options, add the following:

{
"update": {
"Teams": [
{
"remove": {
"name":"{{issue.fields.teams.first.name}}"
}
}
]
}
}

You can use "re-fetch issue data" and continue the rule if there are more "Teams".

The other option is to change a different field so it will run a different automation rule as long as "Teams" is not empty.

If you don't want to lose the "Teams" field content - you'll need to first copy it into a different field.

t0mhAn3110 October 27, 2021

Hi @Elad Ben-Noam

Similar to the case above, I have a scenario where I want to create issues on a particular transition. Here instead of Teams i have a multi-user field as "Stakeholders", and for each stakeholder added in this field, I want to create that many number of issues. Till here everything works fine.

The issue is that additionally I also want to set the "Assignee" of each newly created issue to each value in the field "Stakeholder". 

I tried this:

Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 14.20.57.pngScreenshot 2021-10-27 at 14.22.02.png

However, seems that I am missing something.

Could you please help :)

Jeff Henderson June 15, 2023

Hi @t0mhAn3110 ,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm trying to iterate through a multi user field to assign them to a new subtask as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events