Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I display the "Start date" in Summary/Description (Jira Cloud Automation)?

Damian de Vries March 21, 2022

We are currently busy with automating our Employee Onboarding within Jira.

We are almost done but we still need to display the data from the "Start date" system field.

Our automation is triggered when an Employee Onboarding issue type is set from To do to In progress, at that moment another issue is created in a different project, so what we use in the automation is {{triggerissue.fields.[...]}}

What we then want is to have the Start date from the issue that triggered the automation to carry over to the summary and description of the newly created issue in a different project.

How can I tackle this issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

I managed to solve this issue, in another community post someone pointed out where I could find the ID for the Start Date field (it was located in the advanced roadmap settings).

Rustam Yunusov May 22, 2022

Good afternoon. I have the same problem, can you share how you solved this problem?

I was very grateful to you

Damian de Vries May 22, 2022

Hi Rustam,

I will try to explain it as best as I can.

If you have created a Plan in Jira (if not you can create a plan under the plans section) you need to navigate to that Plan.

When you have opened the Plan you can click on the gear icon next to name of your Plan and then you can click on configure.

This will open the settings for your plan and you will see a tab called scheduling, inside this tab you can see the field id for the Start Date next to it under the header dates.

Please let me know if this helped!

Like Rustam Yunusov likes this
Rustam Yunusov May 23, 2022

can you send me a screenshot? I am just starting to learn JIRA

Damian de Vries May 23, 2022

Sure.

So first I navigate to plans:

Screenshot%20on%202022-05-23%20at%2011-01-12.png

Then I open my Plan called IT Planning and I go and configure that Plan:

Screenshot%20on%202022-05-23%20at%2011-01-41.png

In the configure screen you can see under the scheduling tab the field id:

Screenshot%20on%202022-05-23%20at%2011-02-11.png

Under Start Date you can see "Start Date (id:10015)".

If you aren't able to recreate what I did you can try to use the given id (10015) in this instance in the hope that it might work.

I use Jira Software, there is no such thing

Damian de Vries May 23, 2022

Than I am afraid I don't know a solution, I will look into this some more and maybe I can find a good solution to the problem.

Ok. Thank you.

Damian de Vries June 15, 2022

Hi Rustam,

Apologies for my late reaction, but I wasn't able to find the Start Date id elsewhere.

Perhaps you could try to reach support and ask if they can see the ID.

If all fails you could make a custom field with the Date Picker option and use that ID, works basically the same.

0 votes
Piyush A (STR)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Hi, Do you want to have Summary ass "Summary + start Date"? and same for Description?

Where this start date is situated at - current ticket or another ticket

Hi Piyush,

I managed to tackle this issue by finding the ID for the Start date in the Advanced Roadmap configuration!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events