Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all! I just want to do the sum of all user work logs for tasks, sub-tasks, bugs, and improveme

kasimv_webelight February 28, 2024

Hello all!
I just want to do the sum of all user work logs for tasks, sub-tasks, bugs, and improvements for the last week. trigger this event on Saturday and this should be for all the users inside my Jira and send this sum of individual user work logs and send the message to individual users on Slack. so is it possible to use Jira automation?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tugba Capaci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2024

Hi @kasimv_webelight

To receive weekly worklog reports, consider trying out the Jira Worklog Reporter app by Actioner. It gathers all user worklogs from the previous week and sends reports directly to users through Slack direct messages.

You can easily install the app here. Connecting it to your Jira is all you need to get started.

If you wish to adjust the report schedule, navigate to the Recurring jobs on the Jobs tab. The default setting is every Saturday, but you can modify it to your preference.

Moreover, if you want to incorporate additional workflows, simply add them to the app and schedule more reports.

Explore it at your convenience, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Tugba
actioner.com

kasimv_webelight March 28, 2024

Yeah, it works.
I have some questions regarding this.

Here I connect the Actioner app with my Jira and Slack. Also, install the Jira Worklog Reporter app. Also, calculate the work log. But here in the result, I do not get all Jira user's work log reports I got some of them. so for getting all user's work log reports is there any way?

Tugba Capaci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Hi,

It's great to hear that you tried our app.

To access all users' worklogs, you can use the 'View users' total worklogs' workflow.

On Slack, call Actioner by typing /actioner and then select 'View users' total worklogs' from the opened form.

In the displayed table, you'll find all users' total worklogs. Additionally, if you want to see the distribution of the worklogs by issue, you can use the button on the table next to the users.

I hope it helps!

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2024

Hi @kasimv_webelight -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There are limited, built-in time tracking reports, and to learn what is available for project-scope reports, please look here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/track-and-analyze-your-teams-work-with-reports/

Doing what you describe with an automation rule is not likely to be possible.  The reason is there are processing limits on the number of issues, rule execution time, etc. that would prevent such a rule from processing against everything in an entire Jira instance. 

It might be possible to do this for one project, with a small number of assignees, a limited number of issues in progress, etc., per week.  Perhaps try writing JQL to first return the issues and work logs to assess the scale of issues needed for processing.  Then compare that to the automation service limits: https://www.atlassian.com/blog/announcements/cloud-automation-packaging-update and https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/automation-service-limits/

I recommend pausing to consider what problem are you trying to solve (i.e., why do this), what reports would look like to solve that problem, and then reviewing available time tracking reports in the Atlassian Marketplace to meet these needs: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/  Then work with your Jira site admin to pilot some of the apps to learn what helps.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events