Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Getting error when trying to match a multiselect dropdown to Fix Versions

Alex Degregori February 2, 2021

When trying to connect a custom multiselect dropdown field to the Fix version field via automation, I receive an error: Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.46.34 PM.png

The Fix versions and the multiselect dropdown fields have the same values and are apart of the same project which is odd. I was able to automate these fields together when using a single field but needed to change the automation code to account for multi selections. 

Here is a screenshot of my automation set up: 

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.49.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.50.04 PM.png

Any idea what the issue might be here? Thanks for any help in advance! šŸ™šŸ¼

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Alex Degregori 

Looking at your rule, when the Custom Sprint field changes, you are trying to set the Fix Version to the previous values of the Custom Sprint field.  Is that correct?

First thing, I suggest putting in an audit log action for the value you are trying to set to the Fix Version.  That will confirm if the value is indeed a value version.

Next, you note the Custom Sprint field is multiple selection and you are using the changelog syntax.  Are you expecting multiple values in the Custom Sprint field to be set to Fix Version?  If so...

• I have not nested list functions before (changelog and custom field).  Writing to the audit log, as I noted earlier, should help see if that works.
  • If it does, you will need to make the list of values comma-separated in order to set the Fix Version, but you have a single set of quotation marks around the listed values.  With nested lists you may need to experiment with that, perhaps using split and join to wrap the items properly.

Best regards,

Bill

Alex Degregori February 3, 2021

Hey Bill! Thanks for the extra context. I actually posted this in the generic Community question pool and got an answer there. So I'll close this out as answered as well. 

Like ā€¢ Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events