Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Features can be created once the epic is in certain status. (Feature is a Child of Epic in our hiera

We have a requirement where Feature that is child issues can be created only when the Parent (Epic) is in certain status like (Committed, Ready for dev review etc ).

Please advise how to proceed . 

I have add ons like JMWE and Script Runner.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

Are you on Jira Server/DC or Cloud?

In both cases, you can use a Related Issue Status Validator from our JMWE app on the "Create" transition of the story/task/whatever workflow (the workflow(s) of the issues that can belong to an Epic). This will not _hide_ the Create button (obviously) but it will display an error message when you try to submit your new issue.

Hi David ,

Can you help with the steps too please? 

I am using Jira server with JMWE APP 

Please find the screenshot of the validator i have used. Please advise POSTFUNCTION.png

You have selected the "issue/sub-task" link type, which is not the same as Jira Software's Epic/Story relationship. Please select "Epic o the current issue" instead.

David , Doesnt seem to work .

Can we have a call on zoom if thats sounds ok to you ?

Vivek,

you need to open a support request with Innovalog: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/8

We don't offer Zoom-based support though. You'll need to share your current Validator configuration and the problem you're encountering.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Automation

New to Jira Automation - goodbye Cron (sort of), hello new project created trigger, new additions to

Hey Everyone! Simeon from the Automation team here. I'm delighted to share some new features and improvements that we are shipping to Jira automation (Cloud only). Firstly, @Sam Harding&nbsp...

2,796 views 10 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you