Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Else If Condition

Kunal Kumar March 30, 2023

How to use the Else if condition, don't seem to get that option in my JIRA automation 

1 answer

3 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Kunal Kumar

Welcome to the Community!

You will need to start by adding an If block:

IfBlock.JPG

Next, add an Else block:

ElseBlock.JPG

Once you have added the Else block you will have the option to add an Else If in between the two:

ElseIfBlock.JPG

I hope that helps!

Mauricio Heberle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

I noticed a strange behaviour which I am not sure is intended.

In Global automation, I am trying to edit within a AQL Branch, but the if/else condition wont show up. Only if try to add it before the branch and still, it doenst allow me to write a AQL sentence, only select a field

Captura de Tela 2023-03-31 às 10.50.34.png

This is in Global Automatiin as you can see. When attempting to write the sentece, I just cant do anything.

Captura de Tela 2023-03-31 às 10.51.22.png

When inside the branch, the if/else wont appear. Is this ok or a bug, @Jimmy Seddon  ?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Hey @Mauricio Heberle,

I see a number of people have asked about this in the past and they all point to this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-67

It appears it's a known limitation that "Else" logic isn't available from within branches.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Mauricio Heberle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Thank you

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events