Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable notifications for specific request types

Kelly Phillips January 15, 2024

I have an Issue Type called 'Joiners, Leavers, Movers'.  There are 4 Request Types linked to that issue Type: Joiners Leavers Movers, JLM Access, JLM Hardware, JLM Site Access.

Currently, reporters get email notifications for comments and status transitions for all of the above, which can sometimes mean a reporter is getting up to 20 emails a day as we work through the process of user onboarding etc.

I would like to change it so that reporters only receive emails for the 'Joiners, Leavers, Movers' request type, and not for the other JLM request types.

Any suggestions as to how I can set this up?

I tried to turn off all notifications, but then couldn't specify which issue types to send notifications for.

1 answer

1 vote
Emily _ DevSamurai
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2024

Hi @Kelly Phillips 

To modify email notifications in JIRA for specific issue types or request types, you generally have to work with JIRA's notification scheme. However, JIRA's default notification scheme doesn't allow for granular control at the issue type level. Here are some suggestions:

• Workflow Post-Functions: Customize the workflow of the 'Joiners, Leavers, Movers' issue type. Add post-functions in the workflow transitions to send custom notifications.
  • Silent Transitions: Implement silent transitions for certain issue types. This involves modifying the workflow to not send notifications for specific transitions.

• User Preferences: Encourage users to adjust their own notification settings, although this is less effective for controlling notifications at scale.

• Try Atlassian's plugin: As far as I understand, Asset Management for Jira - IT Assets & Licenses: JSM, ITSM can enhance your data tracking and management capabilities within JIRA. AssetIT allows you to customize detailed and clear permission schemes, as well as notification systems, which will be helpful in your case. Besides, AssetIT offers many features suitable for the HR area, ranging from Onboarding/Pre-Defined Kits to the Booking system and many more.

I hope this helps!

Kelly Phillips February 18, 2024

Hi @Emily _ DevSamurai 

Do you have more information on the silent transitions?  I can't do the workflow post function because it doesn't allow me to specify just the one issue type.  At least not that I can see (I am not a expert in Jira).

Thanks

Kelly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events