Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Dinamic JQL Filter + pass arguments

Edited

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to pass some arguments to a JIRA SQL filter:

e.q.:

https://jira.zzz.com/issues/?filter=123456#

project in ( proj) AND issuetype = Bug AND created >= args[1] AND ORDER BY "args[2]" ASC

call: https://jira.zzz.com/rest/api/latest/search?jql=filter=123456&args=123,234&fields=assignee...

I really do not want to create a filter for each combination of parameters.

E.Q: filter by date - 2019-2020 results in a filter. 2020-2021 results in another filter.

It seems JIRA is very limited and cuts the result list - will NOT show more than ... a couple of hundreds of items, so a large number of filters must be (statically) created to get all results.

Thank you,

1 answer

1 vote

Not in the UI.  You can build urls  like the ones you are suggesting outside Jira, but there's no variable substitution inside it.

Jira stops listing issues at 1,000 to prevent performance issues (but that's just the listing, the data is all in the results)

Could you explain what you are trying to achieve here?  We can probably give you a better technical solution than constructing urls by hand.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Automation

New to Jira Automation - goodbye Cron (sort of), hello new project created trigger, new additions to

Hey Everyone! Simeon from the Automation team here. I'm delighted to share some new features and improvements that we are shipping to Jira automation (Cloud only). Firstly, @Sam Harding&nbsp...

2,790 views 10 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you