Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field not recognized in Jira automation "additional fields"

Dave Vronay November 18, 2022

Hi there, 

I have a team-managed project.  On the epic, I have a custom field called "Design Reviewers".  When this field is changed, I want to update the custom field called "Reviewers" on any issue in that epic that is of issue type "design".

I can get all of the logic working, but when I try to update the field, it fails, saying that the field "Reviewers" does not exist.  Here is the JSON I am using:

{
"fields": {
"Reviewers": {{issue.epic.Discovery Reviewers.asJsonObjectArray("name")}} }
}

The error I get is 

"

additional fields contains invalid field(s) in 'update' or 'fields" section

Reviewers

"

Any idea?  The Reviewers field is on the issue, and other automation is referencing it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2022

Hi @Dave Vronay and welcome to the community,

To be honest this rule was a real pain in the ***. It took me a solid 30 mins to figure this out. The json that worked for me was the following:

{
"fields": {
"Reviewer": {{issue.epic.Design Reviewer.asJsonObjectArray("accountId")}}
}
}

Of course modify the above fields to your likings. The whole rule was like this (I choose the trigger to be issue updated for my tests):

community rule.png

Let me know if that works out for you!

Dave Vronay November 21, 2022

This works, but - for some unknown reason - it does NOT work if the field is called "Reviewers".  It works with any other name...  

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

Whaaa??!?!?

You mean the plain reviewer or the design reviewer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events