Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Values from Parent to linked children

Nannette Mori July 21, 2020

We have version Power Scripts 4.8.0.6  I used the example they have online 

/*Call this script from a workflow transition post-function.It will set the fields to the value of the matching field in the parent issue.*/ if(isNotNull(parent)) {         summary = %parent%.summary;    description = %parent%.description;    dueDate = %parent%.dueDate;}

However this does not work for me, I keep getting an error (the check fails)

Is there a way you can see what the error is?  I added the post function to the linked Issue...is that correct?

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2020

Hello @Nannette Mori ,

I tried your code it worked fine in my Jira instance.

If the check fails, there is a red cross on the line. If you hover on the red cross, you will have a detailed message of the error.

Could you paste a screenshot with the error?

Nannette Mori July 22, 2020

I can't use the standard Post - Function "Copy Value from other Field because the parameters don't work because the parameters available don't work for our customized Hierarchy,

When I click on Check next to the Check button it says 1 error found but there is no red cross on the line.  There is no detailed message of the error.

Nannette Mori July 22, 2020

I did find this error in the Console

SIL Pogram >>null<<parse exception:lexical error at line at line 8,column 6 encounted:<EOF>after:""

Our power Script version is 4.8.0.6

Jira Software Version is 8.6.1

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2020

If you run it in console, you need to provide the issue key in the Run Configuration dialog screen:

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 16.34.36.png

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2020

Can't you just use the standard  Post - Function "Copy Value From Other Field" for this? (no code required)

You could also use Automation for Jira to do it (if on Cloud) again (no code required)…..not sure about Power Scripts, as I've never used it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events