Copying Assets field values to Jira custom field

Kerli Loopman May 24, 2023

I need to copy Assets object field values to Jira custom fields with automation when Asset object is chosen to another custom field. 

Below is the current automation that works for Asset fields that are text fields in assets - marked green. These ones copy the data from Assets back to Jira perfectly. 

Automation doesn't work for Asset fields that has Attributes as other Asset object (dependency) or user picker field. This will return as an error:

"An error occurred while requesting remote information

Bad Request"

What is the correct way to gain information from Asset attributes that use other Asset objects? The "Sihtgrupi tüüp" is a multi object picker Attribute in Assets and the "Teenuse omanik" is user picker.  

Assets_automation.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

The first field that you are trying to fill out is an Assets field and needs a AQL in order to be able to add value to it, something like this:

Name = {{issue.customfield_10675.xxx}}

The second field that is failing looks to be a user picker field, and if so then you have to use the Atlassian ID of the user that you want to set it to. I would recommend that you add Log action components so you can see what the smart values are returning.

Kerli Loopman May 24, 2023

Thanks for the quick answer. It did work with AQL.

So instead of {{issue.customfield_10675."Sihtgrupi tüüp"}} i added Name = {{issue.customfield_10675."Sihtgrupi tüüp"}}

I also fixed the user field syntax.

My syntax had {{issue.customfield_10675."Teenuse omanik".Account}} but was supposed to be {{issue.customfield_10675."Teenuse omanik".AccountId}}.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events