cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy a Insight Custom Field from a linked issue with a automation rule

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi,

I have an automation rule that is filled as an issue picker field, the chosen issue is linked to the issue in which the issue picker field is filled.

Then I will copy the values ​​of various fields from the linked issue in the same rule.
Using {{issue.issuelinks.first.outwardIssue.description}}, {{issue.issuelinks.first.outwardIssue.customfield_14762.key}} etc.

This works with all my fields except an Insight Custom Field.

How can I get an Insight Custom Field in this situation?

Regards, Marco

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 15.46.19.png

4 answers

0 votes
Céline Manca June 23, 2021

Hi there,

I have a similar issue  on Automation cloud but the other way around.

How to copy an Insight field value to a Text field ?

I have tried the following but obviously it's too easy and not working :)

{
"fields": {
"customfield_10050": {{customfield_10043}}
}
}

customfield_10050 = my text field

customfield_10043 = my insight custom field 

Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Howard Nedd March 16, 2021

This could possibly be your solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rIPVxoLgw

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

@John McKiernan Maybe a bit cheeky to mention you, but do you know a solution for my situation?   greetings, Marco

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2020

Hi @Marco Brundel 

Would you please clarify what is not working?  That will help the community provide ideas.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2020

Hello,

I cannot get the copying of an Insight custom field from a linked issue to work. So I am looking for how I can copy the value of an Insight custom field from a linked issue.

Regards,

Marco

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2020

Thanks, Marco.

I am not using Insight, but when I am trying to find/confirm a specific smart value, I use the REST API to pull an example issue and then confirm the value in the JSON.  Here is the how-to article for doing that:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/

__Bill

Like Marco Brundel likes this
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2020

@Bill Sheboy 
Thank you for the information. But my problem is not that I don't know the name or value of the field, but that the " {{issue.issuelinks.first.outwardIssue"  function doesn't work on an Insight Custom Field.
So I am looking for how I can copy the value of an Insight Custom Field from a linked issue.

Regards, Marco

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2020

Hi @Marco Brundel 

I believe .first() is a function for lists, so have you tried:

{{issue.issuelinks.first().outwardIssue}}

And if you know there is only one value you can use:

{{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}

Best regards,

Bill

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders