cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect a Task into an Epic created by the same Task into a Jira Automation

Gabriele Chiaramonte May 24, 2023

Hello,

I have an issue:

I wanna create an EScreenshot 2023-05-24 alle 12.27.56.pngpic when a Change Request (Task type) is approved.

So, here's the schematic steps:

1. Change request is approved (OK)

2. The approval creates a new Epic (OK)

3. The epic contains some info from the change request (OK)

4. The change request is considered as child of the epic already created (ERROR)

I try to modify the "Epic Link" field with no success at all
How can I fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Gabriele - What is the error you are getting when you try to modify the Epic Link? What value are you putting in there? 

Gabriele Chiaramonte May 24, 2023

Hi John thanks for the answer.
This is the answer from audit log

"No field or field value to be changed by ticket (this could be caused by some non-existent field values in a specific project):"

I know that the actual configuration is wrong, but i don't know which value could be correct

Screenshot 2023-05-24 alle 14.52.52.pngScreenshot 2023-05-24 alle 14.53.18.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

If I am reading that correctly, it looks like you are trying to make the update to the original issue and not the issue that got created. You probably want to add a Branch for Most recently created issue and put the modification there for the issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events