Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure outgoing webhook using Automation for JIRA

Janakiraman S December 1, 2021

Hi Team,

I have a usecase to send a post request (that creates a ticket) in another application. This should occur when an issue is transtioned in JIRA from Open to ToDo status. I receive 302 error. I suspect I am missing certain required headers. Here is a snapshot of my rule. 

image.png

Could you please suggest if I am missing something here?

Thanks & Regards,

Janaki.

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

302 error means page was temporarily moved. Can you see anything more if you expand the Response 302 FOUND error?

My guess is that it's probably redirecting you to an authentication page. It looks like you're trying to create a ticket in another system? It's highly likely you'll need some kind of credential to do that.

So yes, something in the headers. Or in the body. Currently you're not sending any content to the webhook. So even if a ticket is created in the system, it's not going to have any data.

Hossam.Khalil March 8, 2023

Hi Darryl,

i have the exact same problem. Our use case is to create Confluence page from a Jira Ticket, with a trigger.

here is my log:

Cache-Control: no-store
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 0
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 10:21:28 GMT
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Keep-Alive: timeout=20
Location: /login.action?os_destination=%2Fdisplay%2FPS%2FPage%2BRepository%2Frest%2Fapi%2Fcontent%2F&permissionViolation=true
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=1DD2C228105685141F351F3797AC06F2; Path=/; HttpOnly, BIGipServer~LB-LAN-Exterrn~R52-Confluence-Test=rd3o00000000000000000000ffff0a7f0733o8090; path=/; Httponly; Secure
X-Confluence-Cluster-Node: 4561f997
X-Confluence-Request-Time: 1678270888612
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block

Could you please advise?

BR

Hossam 

Like Pape Mor SYLLA likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders