Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check time and day of week as condition?

Mark Haller March 11, 2021

Can I use IF / ELSE blocks with time/date/day of week?  If so, how?

When a critical ticket is created

... Then if I'm Monday to Friday, and it's 9AM to 5PM, then I want to assign ticket, and notify in Slack channel with a certain message

... Else I don't want to assign the ticket, and I want to notify in Slack channel a different message

I saw a convoluted solution to do this with JQL - so you get your run on ticket create, and if the priority is critical but then your IF is JQL with the query in - but it's not working consistently, as the trigger timea and JQL and more just aren't working together.  So I'd prefer to just use simple smart values and IF/ELSE instead.

I've got this but it's obviously a formula fail!

1 answer

8 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2021

Hi @Mark Haller 

I believe that you can do this with RegEx comparisons.  Also, you may also want to account for the time zones, such as from the reporter.

Created in weekday time range.PNG

Here are the details, if my image is not clear, using If/Else, with an Advanced Compare Condition with two clauses.

For the day of week use:

• First Value: {{issue.created.convertToTimeZone(issue.reporter.timeZone).format("E")}}
  • Condition: exactly matches regular expression
  • Regular expression: (Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri)

For the time range use.  Please adjust your time range as desired:

• First Value: {{issue.created.convertToTimeZone(issue.reporter.timeZone).format("H")}}
  • Condition: exactly matches regular expression
  • Regular expression: (9|1[0-7])

Please watch out for typos when entering RegEx values, as it appears the rule editor can hang when it has a problem parsing them to publish the rule.

Best regards,

Bill

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

This is really really good stuff @Bill Sheboy. Bookmarking for future possible use.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events