Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Swimlanes based on the due date

Nikhil Sanampudi October 12, 2023

Hi Team, 

I have created an automation to assign the due dates to an issue automatically based on the priority once an issue is created. 

But now I am looking a way to automate the process of changing the issue swimlane based on the due date. Idea is to change the swimlane once the due date is passed. 

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2023

Hi @Nikhil Sanampudi 

Just following up to check if you solved this by modifying the rule, or if you needed other assistance.

If this not solved, please post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected.  Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Tim C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2023

Hi @Nikhil Sanampudi 

Yeah, you can easily do this with something like the following example ....

Screenshot 2023-10-12 171014.png

I often colour-code the cards in a similar fashion based on how late the get.

You could have multiple swimlanes based on how late they are ...

duedate < startofDay(-5d)

However, remember swimlanes will need to be order of longest to newest to prevent them always matching against the first item.

I hope this makes sense. 

Nikhil Sanampudi October 12, 2023

Is it also same for the columns?

Tim C
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2023

Columns are based on the current "status" of the ticket.

You could create a status called "Late" and automatically move tickets to that status when the curent date has gone past the due date.  However, that's probably not good working practice and gives a problem of where does the ticket go if/when the due date gets updated to be another date in the future.

Swimlanes would definitely be my recommended approach (and probably colour coding cards based on lateness too).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events