Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you copy values from multi select user field to another field?

Linette George July 15, 2021

When the status changes, I want to copy the value of a user field to the assignee field. This works if the user field is single select. However, it doesn't work if its multi select. Anyone else seen this before? Is there a work around?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

That's correct, the assignee field is single user, trying to copy a multi-select into it is nonsense, the data structure isn't supported.

You'll need to use single-user fields, or do a bit of coding to decide upon and extract the account you want to assign the issue to from the multi-select data.

Linette George July 15, 2021

Makes sense, thanks!

Sreenath
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2024

Hello, I have single select user field and when the transition the issue then I want to copy the field value and update in assignee field? Please help me how to achieve through JIRA cloud automation.

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

@Linette George 

If you are on Jira Cloud using the built in Automation for Jira (which I'm guessing you are?) then this might be helpful.

Use smart values to access listed values | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events