Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use automation to add a checklist when certain criteria are met?

Greg Williams February 18, 2022

Hello:

Our tenant uses Issue Checklist Pro and I was wondering if there was a way to either use Automation for Jira to incorporate a saved checklist template into a ticket when certain criteria are met, or if the app itself offers up something like this (currently do not see that as an option).

The closest I am seeing is to make it a default based on the issue type, so we could either:
  1. Use an existing issue type to set the template as a default, or
  2. Create/add a new issue type to the project and then any ticket with that issue type gets the checklist
    .issue-type.png

Is there any other ideas / options or would I have to create a process improvement request to make this a future enhancement (Either with the vendor, Atlassian, or both)? 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2022

Hi @Greg Williams 

Please take a look at this documentation from the vendor for an automation rule which seems to match your use case:

https://herocoders.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/2483519492/Apply+checklist+template+to+issue+on+issue+create+edit+or+transition

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events