Can I set a custom field cascade select in Jira SERVER?

Julia October 26, 2021

I am using JIRA SERVER

I want to set a custom field that is a cascading select in automation for jira. I do NOT wish to copy it from another ticket / field. I just want to set the field using automation for jira in the Advanced Fields section. I am trying this but it won't work. Please help! 

{
"fields": {
"customfield_23592": { "value": "{{customfield_23592.Product Security}}"
}
}
}

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2021

Hi Julia,

If you want to refer to the cascading select field, you need to specify it this way:

"customfield_23592" : { "value": "parent_option1", "child": { "value" : "p1_child1"} }

You can get more information here, https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-field-editing-json/

Julia October 27, 2021

Thank you so much! Since I didn't need to edit the child, this ended up working for me 

{
"fields": {
        "customfield_23592" : { "value": "Product Security" }
    }
}
}

Thank you! 

Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2021

You're welcome. I'm glad that it solves your problem :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events