Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create security level with Automation?

Nicolas Mayans October 27, 2022

I would like to create a rule in Automation which is based on the fact that when a user creates an incident of a certain type, it can only be seen by the reporter and a group of users that is already defined in a group. This is possible? I've looked in the documentation and can't find anything that comes close.

Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2022

Hi Nicolas,

You cannot create a Security Level on the fly - it would already have to exist. But if it does, then, yes, you can use Automation to update the issue to assign an existing Security Level to it. 

Nicolas Mayans October 28, 2022

I have already created the security level, but in the options that Automation gives me, I would not be finding the right one. Maybe it exists but I can't find it.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Can you give some more details? 

Like wimsnoek likes this
Nicolas Mayans October 31, 2022

Right now we solved it this way:
From project settings/Issues/Security and from there good security level created.
Then I noticed that you can do it from Automation but from the Action and edition of the Security field. I just tried it, it came out perfect!
Thank you very much!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

Great! Glad that worked for you!

Like Nicolas Mayans likes this
Daneli Galan March 19, 2024

Would you mind showing your automation example ?

Thanks much!

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2022

Yes, this is possible. You would be looking to use  if/else JQL statements and action edit issue fields (i.e security level). 

Don't forget to ensure that the Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access) has permissions to set security levels as well. It's the one used by the automation app user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events