Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bulk update related issues's status when version is released

Hello,

I thought this would be easy. I want the following:

- When we set the status of an issue to "Done", a pop-up enters the screen and we fill in the fixVersion (this already works)

- When I manually release the version, I want an automation to be started which sets the status of all issues with fixVersion == Version to the status "Released"

In automation there is a option : When: Version released. But now I cant find the right action to perform when this happens.

I want this because the status Released kicks of another automation in which the related ticket in Zendesk gets updated with a comment and a new status. Now my colleagues of support know they can inform the customer. Now we have to do this by hand which is a lot of work.

FYI: We are using Jira Cloud

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Your automation will need to search for all the issues that need to be changed and for each one, transition it through the workflow to released.

Have a look at the "transition" action in the Automation options.

Hi @Thomas Vink -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Adding to what Nic suggests, you would use a branch to iterate over the issues with that version.  For example:

• trigger: version released
  • branch: on JQL for issues with that version (or, just use branch on issues fixed in version)
    • if condition: issue is not already "Released"
      • action: transition the issues to "Released"

Kind regards,
Bill

Like bmccoy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Partner Webinar Opportunities: January 2022

Hi everyone 👋, I really like the format of the webinar opportunities summary that @Jimmy Seddon posts monthly on the Welcome Centre group. It's a great place to go to check that you didn...

148 views 3 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you