Automation: update Reporter for Blocked ticket

Ryan Smith September 22, 2021

Dear Hivemind,

I have an automation issue that I just can’t seem to solve:  

• I have 2 projects, let's call them "SPPRT" and "BOB"
  • Sometimes SPPRT tickets can be blocked by BOB tickets
  • IF a BOB ticket Blocks a SPPRT ticket I want jira to automatically change the REPORTER of the BOB ticket to be the same as the REPORTER of the SPPRT ticket

I can get this to work in reverse (!?!) where the BOB ticket would be changed by the SPPRT ticket so it should be possible.

While answers are appreciated, there is ZERO chance we’re going to pay for a solution for this issue as it would be cheaper to just manually change the field.

Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated!

🤖🤖🤖

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Ryan Smith 

As you already have this working in one direction, perhaps your rule just needs some adjustments.  Would you please post an image of your rule and of the audit log for a case where you expect it to work?  That will provide the community some context to offer ideas.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Ryan Smith September 22, 2021

It's pretty simple:

⛓ When: Issue linked
Types: Blocks

✏️ Then: Edit issue fields
Reporter (copy from issue)

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2021

Ryan, I suspect it is the difference in link direction: blocks versus is-blocked-by.  Perhaps try first reversing the direction and testing again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events