Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to transition status if Agent replies to Customer

tyler mikkelson March 26, 2024

I'm trying to setup automation so that if an Agent or Administrator replies to a customer, then transition issue status to Pending User Response. However, I do not want the status to transition if it's just an internal comment. Not sure where I'm going wrong but can't seem to get this to work. It either doesn't work at all or the status changes for both customer replies and internal comments. Can't seem to separate the two.Jira Automation.png

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2024

Hi @tyler mikkelson,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The way you have is set up the check to see if the comment is internal is only happening on the IF branch. 

If you look in the template you will a rule called "When a comment is added → update the status" that looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 11.26.27 AM.png

As you can see this one is checking if the comment is internal at the top, meaning that the automation will stop right there if it is.

tyler mikkelson March 26, 2024

thanks for the help! That helped me consolidate both automation's into a single rule. Figured out my primary issue. The value for {{comment.internal}} that I was trying to match against is case sensitive. I was trying to match the value "False" but the real value was "false" with a lowercase f. That was enough to break the automation.

After changing the value to "false" the automation works just fine. Lesson learned haha.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events