Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to detect not available ticket

Artur October 21, 2023

Hey guys,

I would like to create an automation that would inform me if the ticket has never been created - as per the logic of other automation.

To clarify:

- > We already have an automation - Once the status of the ticket was transitioned to let's say "Pending", a new ticket should be created and linked to the parent ticket. 

But sometimes, it does not.

- > the new automation should start every day at specific hour;

-> I would like this new automation to go through all the specific ticket statuses in a specific Project and check if there is a ticket created and linked with it - just like it should have been done in our previous automation.

Now I know that technically I could look for errors in automations, but sometimes there are none because assignees do not fill out the required fields to run the initial automation.

Could you please help? Which condition to add?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2023

Hi @Artur -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I recommend starting by writing some JQL which you expect to return the issues which should have created the issues.  After that is tested, you could use that in a scheduled trigger rule, which then uses Lookup Issues to find the expected, created issues...and if not found, send an notification.

Pausing to consider your scenario a bit...please consider if there is a challenge with your rule, a process problem, a training / education issues, etc. which causes this need.  You may be able to mitigate this symptom by looking at those things.

Kind regards,
Bill

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2023

Hi @Artur 

Just following up to check if you solved this.  Thanks!

0 votes
Boldizsár Vermes October 30, 2023

@Artur, without the exact details of your need, I can imagine that a saved filter and a subscription to it can help too.

I use this for multiple kinds of checks and reminders of missed administration. Just create a filter that lists the issues with missing links, and email the list to yourself every morning.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events