Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to append to a Confluence page.

Hardik Aggarwal August 1, 2022

Disclaimer - New to Jira.

I would like to create an automation that - when a issue is transitioned to complete status, a particular field in issue(say "release notes"), gets appended to a pre-existing confluence page. This will enable me to maintain the change log at one place, where we list down the new features being released and merged. I saw that we can create a confluence page, but how to edit an existing page?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Hardik Aggarwal

Currently this cannot be done through the normal actions. You would have to run this through the webhook action and the Confluence cloud API - https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/api-group-content/#api-wiki-rest-api-content-id-put.

The documentation will certainly help explain this in a bit more detail. I am part of the Confluence automation EAP and will make sure your suggestion is put on the list for you.

Dan

0 votes
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2022

@Hardik Aggarwal given that the native automation does not support this scenario yet, let me take this opportunity to recommend our app Automated release notes for Jira. It allows you to prepend/append/create/create or update Confluence pages with relevant information from Jira.

If your needs are limited, you can also give the free version a try.
You can check out this tutorial video we have created. 

Disclaimer - I am a part of the team that develops these apps.

Best,
Anand

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events