Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to Link all Issue type as Bug under a subtask

Dave December 13, 2022

Hi There

I want to link all issue type as Bug under a subtask can this be done thru automation. 

2 answers

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Dave,

Task and Bug are at the same level in the default Jira Issue hierarchy, e.g.

• Epic
    • Story, Bug, Task
      • Sub-task

One approach is to create a custom link type for this - we call ours "contains <-> belongs to", e.g.,
2022-12-15_08h36_57.png
(We chose those names so that the few upward "belongs to" links would show above the many downward "contains" links when you're looking at the issue details.)

Then you could link the Bugs to a Task so that the Bugs "belong to" the Task, and the Task "contains" the Bugs. We use the Structure by Tempo* app to view and work with our custom Jira Issue hierarchy. HTH,

Kel

*Full disclosure: I am a happy Structure by Tempo customer.

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Dave in the interests of trying to understand the situation better so we can help:

• What's the problem you're trying to solve?
  • Why do you want to link all the Bugs under a single Task?
  • What are you going to do with the Bugs once they're under this Task?
  • What are you going to do with the Task after all the Bugs are under it?

Kel

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Dave ,

to be honest I don’t understand your request. Can you please be more specific? Maybe some example will help. Thank you.

Dave December 14, 2022

I want to consolidate and link all issue type Bug under a Task

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2022

Hi @Dave,

Please see my post below ... or above ... somewhere :-) , hope it helps.

Kel

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

@Dave I'm sorry, but what do you mean by consolidate? I still don't understand what you are trying to achieve. 

@Kelly Arrey has provided great set of questions - would you please try to answer them?

Thank you.

Like Kelly Arrey likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events