Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation throws "Unknown Fields" error after cloning.

Luyang Zhang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

In an automation rule I set an action of "clone issue".

It throws "Unknown fields set during clone, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored - Labels (labels)". The automation can still finish the clone process but shows "Some Error" in the audit log.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 101519.png

To solve this issue, I have tried these attempts but didn't work:

• Added "Labels" to the associated screen, and I can see "Labels" in the ticket side bar.
  • Set "Labels" to "Global context".
  • Set this automation rule actor to myself who is a Jira global admin role.
  • Checked the "Labels" value and there is no illegal value. 

Does anyone know how to solve this error? Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2024

Hi @Luyang Zhang -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For a question like this, please post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected.  Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas.  Thanks!

Until we see those...

Is the rule trying to clone an issue into a different project or the same project?

What types of projects are involved for the source and clone-to issues: company-managed, team-managed, or one of each?

Do you have only the built-in Labels field with that name, or has someone added another field with the same name?

Kind regards,
Bill

Luyang Zhang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your reply and warm welcome!

Your questions actually help me! I found there is another legacy "Labels" custom field exists, and this error is gone once I deleted the duplicated "Labels" and relinked scheme.

Thanks again for your help!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events