Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule to set Approvers

Wong January 25, 2023

I would like to use automation to population the multi-users picker field, Approvers, for a JSM request.  The approvers can be any team members from the selected team (Object in Asset).  Here's what I've done:

1. Use lookup object to search for the team - this is validated to be working correctly
  2.  In the Edit Issue action, I use the below advance options to set the value:  {
    "fields": {
    "Approvers": {{lookupObjects.Members.flatten.asJsonObjectArray("id")}}
    }
  3. The above is returning this value:  Approvers: [{ "id": "1751" },{ "id": "1421" }]
  4. I am getting the following error in the rule audit log: THD-3378 (Pick another user as the selected user doesn’t exist. (customfield_13807))
  5. I have verify that the two users returned, 1751 and 1421, can be manually selected in the Approvers custom field

Any thought on why I am getting the error?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

Hi @WB 

The user id on Asset, does not match with the JIRA user account ID. 

You will need a field in asset to store the user as user picker - then you may get the correct id for that user. 

Approvers field will accept only JIRA User ID - not the object ID. So you need to convert somehow

Wong January 25, 2023

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events