cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation of Change for every bi-weekly Tuesday planned maintenance

Jatin Masiwal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

Dear Team,

I would like to know regarding the following scenario which I can create through automation option in Jira

A change ticket should be created for every bi-weekly tuesday planned maintenance between 22:00-23:00

For example: A change on 11.04.2024 should be created for the date of 23.04.2024 and a change on 25.04.2024 should be created for the date of 07.05.2024 

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jatin

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

Hi Jatin - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Not sure if this helps or not, but take a look at this article to see if the solution meets your needs. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Creating-a-Flexible-Recurring-Task-Issue/ba-p/2040862

Jatin Masiwal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2024

Thanks for the link. It helped me atleast for schduled part and will use the following cron job

2024-04-12 11_54_25-Automation 2.png

and would like to know if the same can be applied in Changed Planned Start and End Field whenever the change is created on Thursday, the Change planned Start/end date should be automatically updated with new dates.

2024-04-12 11_53_02-Automation.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2024

You could try adding a Condition at the end for Advanced Condition for

{{now.dayOfWeek}}

equals

THUR

Then add action for Edit Issue and add your two fields. 

I have not tried this before so test it out. Might could do an example for today being FRI and if that works, then the THUR should work. 

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

Hello @Jatin Masiwal 

Jira's cron does not support biweekly syntax. 

Please see below link for a work around, where you set the cron job for every tuesday still, but do advanced compare inside the rule to check if number of week is even.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-make-a-cron-expression-for-every-other-tuesday/qaq-p/1591228

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events