cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for Jira in Team Managed project with Issue restriction

Antonio Calì February 3, 2022

Premise:
1) type of project: Team Managed
2) Restrictions are applied to issues (for example Administrator and member)

Issue:
the Actor “Automation for Jira” can’t perform rules properly (no action performed), results aren't found in Audit Log section using for example JQL conditions in the rule.
I think the issue is related to Actor's permissions, since without issues restrictions all is working properly.
How can I solve the problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hi @Antonio Calì 

Sounds like you pretty much have solved it. You will either have to:

• remove the permissions from the issues
  • change the actor to one with the right permissions
  • give the current actor the permissions (though I'm uncertain if this is possible)
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Note: option 3 can't be done.

"This user is a system user, and their privileges cannot be modified."

Antonio Calì February 3, 2022

Hi @Curt Holley I appreciate your time, but the assumption in my Use Case obviously can't be changed!

If I use a normal user with administrator privileges I had already verified that it works, but it is not the same. The idea of an automatic action is lost.
I thought that somewhere  I could give the privileges to Automation for jira, but I learn from your answer that unfortunately there is no way.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2022

I don't get how changing the actor to say...you means "The idea of an automatic action is lost".

If you want to keep the actor not related to a person, say....you. Then create a new service account that you can control and add to the relevant groups etc to empower it to run any such restricted issue type automation rules.

Call it  "Admin automation for Jira" or  "Admin Actor".

Bottomline, it can be done, you just need the right actor.

istockphoto-861198276-612x612.jpg

Like Antonio Calì likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events