Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation : change reporter for cloned issue

Tatianna Volamena May 31, 2022

Hello,

I would like to change the reporter when we clone a task.

I went to automation and create a rule, but as you can see below on the dropdown for "Edit Issue" I don't have the option to put the reporter as the person who created the ticket.

Thanks

automation_reporter.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Tatianna Volamena

You can use a smart value. Reporter and creator are two separate values so you will need to use {{issue.creator}}. This should then populate the reporter with whoever cloned the issue.

Kind Regards,

Dan Tombs

Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Tatianna Volamena

Please see screenshot

Capture.PNG

Tatianna Volamena June 1, 2022

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks so much.

When a "task" is cloned, the reporter is now the person who created the ticket.

test3.PNG

Cheers

Tatianna Volamena June 8, 2022

Hi Daniel, 

Me again :). 

I have activated the rule and noticed an issue. Indeed. instead of creating only "one" clone, it creates "two" clones of the same task.

I suspect this is caused by the 1st trigger "when issue created". I looked around but I couldn't find a trigger "When issue cloned"...

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Tatianna Volamena and welcome to the community,

just to make sure we are on the same page:

as I see in your rule the trigger is „when issue is created“ and not „when issue is cloned“. 

So let’s say there is issue A that geta cloned to issue B. which user is appearing as reporter right now in the cloned issue B? and which user would you like to be in issue B? the same as in issue A?

Best
Stefan

Tatianna Volamena June 1, 2022

Hello Stefan,

Without the automation rule, the reporter remains the person whoever is originally the reporter in the task A. However, what I want is that the reporter becomes the person who is cloning the task.

Now I am getting that result thanks to the help of Daniel.

Cheers

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
0 votes
Tatianna Volamena May 31, 2022

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for your feedback. Not sure I understand what you mean though...

I did try to do this but it doesn't work. If it is ok,  would you mind to give me details steps or screenshots to help me get the rule right.

Thanks

test 2.PNG

Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2022

Hi @Tatianna Volamena

You'll need to do two things. Since you are creating the rule from the original issue  rather then the cloned issue you will need to include a branch after the clone action. Then set the branch to recently created issue.

Move the assign issue action into the branch and then in the reporter field add {{issue.creator}} rather then adding in the additional fields section.

That section is for more advance settings using JSON which we do not need to do here.

Hopefully this helps.

Dan

Tatianna Volamena June 10, 2022

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is what I did based upon what I understood from your feedback. I did publish my changes but it still creates 2 clones vs 1.

Clone.PNG

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events