Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation between jira software and service desk

Kelly Lillis August 21, 2023

I'd like an automation between Service Desk and Jira Software. We link service desk tickets to jira software tickets. when the status of the software ticket changes we'd like to update the status of the service ticket. Suggestions?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2023

@Kelly Lillis 

You can do this using Global Automation.

First of all you need to link your issues between a type of link issues. You can start with this.

In your Service Project create a rule that create a new issue in your software project. It's important here set a linke issue to grantt a relationship between your issues across the projects.

Now create a global rule and limit your project scopes for only these projects.

You can see an example to copy comments between different issues here: 

Copy status updates across Linked Issues

You just need to adjust for your case use, but the logic is the same for the others cases.

As this is a global automation, be careful with the global automation limits if the site is Free or Standard.

Check the limits here

Screenshot_148.png

Hope this helps you.

Kelly Lillis August 21, 2023

thank you!!! I will check this out. The limits might be an issue but I will investigate. Appreciate your quick help. 

0 votes
Rick Westbrock August 28, 2023

While it would be more work to implement and maintain you could create this rule in the service project and each project which might have linked issues in that service project. That way the rules are per-project instead of global and as such can have unlimited executions.

Kelly Lillis August 28, 2023

I think that's what I'll end up doing unfortunately.

I am trying to simplify so that

A comment

is addressed to the reporter

of the jira software ticket

when it moves to done

only when the ticket is linked to a Jira Service Desk issue

this is where i struggle a little - how do i get it to know that the linked ticket is from a service desk project?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events