Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: Set Sprint Field Value Based On Issue Edit Trigger

Keith Tasker July 23, 2024

Hello - I am new to the cloud version so this might something only available in the server version. I am attempting to automate updating the Sprint field value based on an Issue Field Edit trigger. The then condition for the Sprint field is only allowing me to select Active Sprint or Next Sprint. However, I have other sprints in my backlog that I want to select from in this automation rule.

As depicted in the screen shot, I'm attempting to create the following rule:

• When the Readiness field is updated on an issue, and
  • The Readiness field is set to gReady,
  • Then update the Sprint field to (any available sprint I have set up in backlog)

As seen in the Sprint selection drop down at right, I'm only given the option to select Active Sprint or Next Sprint. However, I have other sprints in my backlog that I want to be able to select.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 4.48.46 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2024

Hello @Keith Tasker 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Whenever asking for help with an Automation rule, it will help us help you faster if you provide screen images that show your complete automation rule and the details of each step. Often the solution depends on the context and construction of the rule which is hard to discern from your description.

Thank you, will do!

Thanks again - I have added a screen shot and extra detail to my post.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2024

Thank you for that additional information.

While the list doesn't present all sprints, you could use the More Options area and JSON code to set the sprint field to a specific sprint, based on the sprint's numeric ID.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 2.36.02 PM.png

You can get that id by going to the View All Issue page under the Filters menu and typing in a JQL like this:

sprint = "start typing name of the sprint

As you type the name potential matches will be listed. The numeric ID for each one will be displayed in parentheses to the right.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 2.42.10 PM.png

Keith Tasker July 25, 2024

@Trudy Claspill - Thanks very much for taking the time to help. I will give this a try!

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2024

If you ultimately find that my response helps you solve your requirement, please consider then clicking on the Accept Answer button to mark your post as Solved.

Keith Tasker July 26, 2024

It sure did resolve my requirement. Thanks again and I'll Accept now.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events