I have a custom field field in Jira that can look like this:
When this value is not set, it looks like this:
I'm trying to compare this custom field when it's null, and cannot ever get any type of information from it. I've used all sorts of smart values - both what I've found in the documentation, and guessed at, they include:
None of these provide anything I can use in a comparison. Any ideas how to compare this empty/null custom field?
Hi @mnd ,
would you please provide us more information - how does your automation rule like (triggers, conditions, actions - what do you need to do, if your custom field is empty or not empty...)?
Is it server or cloud verion of automation for Jira?
Hi @Hana Kučerová, thanks for the response. I'll try to explain it more thoroughly below.
Just for more context, this is related to another question I posted - trying to understand either situation to come to a solution. The other question is posted here.
I'm demonstrating the behavior in two automation rules - but hoping there is a better way, which combines them into a single rule.
In this project there is a sub-task called "Release Notes". There is also a custom field called "Primary QA" that exists on both the Release Note sub-task, and the parent issue. I would like to make sure that the "Primary QA" value of the parent is always in-sync with the "Primary QA" field in the "Release Notes" sub-task. These are the two scenarios I'm trying to make work.
It seems I can trigger on when a field is changed, or an issue is created, but if I could trigger on both states, then it seems like I could work through the logic in the automation rule.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!
I get the same thing as @mnd. I'm using a custom date field which might be the issue. All I want to do is set the date to today if it hasn't already been set. Why does this have to be so difficult.
I just tried this with a JQL check as well "Being Developed Date[Time stamp]" is EMPTY and when I test the JQL it tests just fine but when it comes to actually working, I just get this in the log `The following issues did not match the condition:`
After walking away from this and taking a breath. I realized I just had the if check in the wrong place. I was able to get it working with the jql check. YAY!!!!
Hi all, After many months of work, I am delighted to announce the launch of the Jira Automation Template Library! The Template Library is a new website dedicated to all things Jira au...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events