cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rule: Issue in retrieving execution status for "Test Execution" type

Sibi Alby
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

Hello!

We have a scenario of reporting Execution status for newly created "Test Execution" type. This execution type can have more than one Tests associated. This "Test Execution" is getting imported to Jira using an XML.

I am setting up an automation rule to report the number of test cases passed or failed to MS teams. 

I have given the rule as below:

Picture1.pngPicture5.png

However, the {{Test Execution Status.count}} is always retrieved as 0 and reporting in MS team as shown below (with 0 total tests even though the number of Tests are more than 1).Picture6.pngPicture7.png

"Test Execution" issue will be created every time after the DevOps execution (triggered from GitLab) completed but not the Tests.

Whereas, when I change the rule to below, it retrieves 

{{Test Execution Status.count}}, 

{{Test Execution Status.statuses.get(0).statusCount}} and 

{{Test Execution Status.statuses.get(1).statusCount}} correctly. But when new issue is created during actual run, the below rule is not working and it reports 0 in MS teams since the below one is applicable only for transitioning the issue status which is not working while creating new issue.

Can anyone please help me to fix this automation rule please?Picture4.png

Please let me know if you need additional information on the same.

Thanks a lot for your time and many thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2024

Hi @Sibi Alby -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing, which version of Jira are you using: Cloud, Server, or Data Center?  You have tagged your question for Jira Cloud, but your rule image appears to be for Server or Data Center.

Next, which marketplace app are you using to manage tests and test results?  This is relevant because not all apps / addons have fields / data which can be accessed from automation rules.  To learn if your fields are available to rules, please use this how-to article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field-993924665.html

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events