Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Issue - Checklist

Tamara Tannenberger May 9, 2023

Hello!

I have a question: I want to create an automation:

"When an issue is created, automatically insert a specific checklist"

I would make a new issue type so that the issue is unique. but what's next? can someone help me? Thanks very much!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Tamara Tannenberger

Welcome to the community!

The answer to your question depends on what checklist app you are using. There are quite a few available in the marketplace, and each can handle this matter differently.

If by chance you are using Issue Checklist for Jira (either Free or Pro), you can simply create a checklist template and set it as default for select issue type in the chosen project.

Here's how to do it.

I hope this helps! Cheers!

Tamara Tannenberger May 9, 2023

Hi!

Thank you very much.

We are using Smart Checklist pro (for Jira).

Unfortunately, I don't know how the automation can be set up

Best,

Tamara

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2023

You might want to take a look at this documentation page then.

If this doesn't help, maybe @Olena Brazhko_Railsware_ or someone else from their team will be able to assist you. Or you can just reach out to them via their support portal.

I hope you'll get this sorted out soon.

Cheers!

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2023

@Tamara Tannenberger You may also want to have a look at this page of documentation.

Tamara Tannenberger May 12, 2023

Thank you very much!!!!

1 vote
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2023

Hello @Tamara Tannenberger ,

I strongly recommend you check out our Multiple Checklist for Jira. With our app, you can create a checklists template which can be added automatically to your issues.

For example, I have a Definition of Done template, which is a global template available for the whole instance. I can automate it so that it is being added in selected projects whenever an Epic or a Task is created:

automation checklists.gif

You can also, use a JQL filter so that the checklist is being added, when the issue is updated to the required parameters:

automation jql.gif

Hope it helps! Please feel free to contact us here if you have any questions or need assistance I will be happy to help!

Best regards,
Ewa

Tamara Tannenberger May 12, 2023

Super good! thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events