Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: Automatically copy Sprint End Date to planned End Date when added or changed.

KAIA STRICKLAND May 16, 2024

I am attempting to create an automation that will automatically populate the 'due date' and the Planned End Date with the Sprint End Date for that issue when the Sprint is added or changed. I have tried all of the formulas below and I either get nothing, I get the date of the last sprint created but if I chose any other sprint I get "Jan 01, 2024" or one of the errors below:

Trigger:

When value changes for the Sprint field -->

Planned End Date:

{{Issue.Sprint.endDate.min}} --> Does not work due to format

{{issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/mm/yy h:mm AM/PM")}}

Planned End Date:

{{Issue.Sprint.endDate.max}} --> Does not work due to format

{{Issue.Sprint.endDate.format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}

The format it is: 07/Jan/24 7:00 PM

And I tried these formulas but neither didn't work, I have them with the error messages.

{{issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/mm/yy h:mm AM/PM")}}
EDIT ISSUE

Error rendering smart-values when executing this rule:
Failed to get value for issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/mm/yy h:mm AM/PM"): {{issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/mm/yy h:mm AM/PM")}}

{{issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/mmm/yy h:mm AM/PM")}}
EDIT ISSUE
Error rendering smart-values when executing this rule:
Failed to get value for issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/mmm/yy h:mm AM/PM"): {{issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/mmm/yy h:mm AM/PM")}}

{{issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/mm/yy h:mm a")}}

EDIT ISSUE
Error editing issues
DIST-10826 (Check the format of Planned start (customfield_10135), Check the format of Planned end (customfield_10136))

1 answer

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2024

Hello @KAIA STRICKLAND 

I am intrigued by the format this field needs.

To begin with, there is syntax issue in your formatting. So please try below and see if that fixes it.

{{issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/MMM/yy")}}

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2024

Assuming the format field needs is 07/Jan/24 7:00 PM

Like KAIA STRICKLAND likes this

I tried {{issue.sprint.startDate.max.format("dd/MMM/yy")}} and I got the "Check the format error" again.

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2024

OK, lets try this as well please.. :p

{{issue.sprint.startDate.min.format("dd/MMM/yy HH:mm")}}

@Kalyan Sattaluri I got it!! I put the formula in "Additional fields" and it worked!Capture.PNG

Like Kalyan Sattaluri likes this
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2024

I am surprised why it did not work when directly assigning. But glad you got this done!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events