cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: Assignee's LastComment into CustomField

Robert Arcolas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2024

Hi All,

I'm using Jira Automation (in Cloud) and trying to assign the last comment the Assignee made into a custom field.

So far I can use {{issue.comments.last}} to assign the last comment into the customfield, however i need it to specifically be the assignee's last comment. 

Thanks for your help

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2024

Hello @Robert Arcolas 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are you trying to do this retroactively, for issues where comments already exist?

As a go-forward solution you could implement a rule that is triggered each time a comment is added, check if the comment author matches the assignee, and then copy the comment to the custom field.

Robert Arcolas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2024

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't think to do it that way but I was able to get it working after reading your response.

Greatly appreciated!

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events