Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create issue on a specific column

Athos Online February 16, 2021

Hello.

I am creating issue with automation. My kanban board has 5 columns. All my incidents are automatically added to the 1st column.

How can I make the incidents be created automatically in the 2nd column? What should I add in the condition? I can't find how to do it and or where to do it.

Thanks.

5 answers

0 votes

Sorry, I don't quite understand how to do it. When I add the state change conditions, then I have error in the cron.

Sin-título-1.jpg

0 votes
abelalia87
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

1.) Create another automation. Trigger is when issue is created. 2.)Then add new condition Reporter is Automation for Jira. 3.)Then add new action, transition issue to the status in your second column. Note: on Rule Details, Check "allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule." From Workflow, First Status should have transition to Status mapped in second column.

that doesn't work for me

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Hi @Athos Online ,

Your columns represent statuses. Each issue is created in the initial status of your workflow.

So if you want them to move to specific column/status you will have to automate that. 

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 16, 2021

Hi @Athos Online ,

since your '2nd column' is related to another status, what you're trying to achieve is actually an automated transition for your incidents. Without further knowledge of your specific configuration or workflow, the approach would be as follows:

• Trigger: issue created event
  • Condition: issue type equals incident
  • Action: transition to the status mapped to your 2nd column

community_automation.PNG

This approach requires a transition to be available between the statuses of your 1st and 2nd column.

Cheers
Thorsten

Isaac August 24, 2023

a

0 votes
Tom Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

Hi, 

You'd need to include a transition action in your automation rule and transition the newly created issue to the correct status that maps to your second column on the kanban. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events