Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autolinking tickets to a particular issuetype within a fixversion

Larry Katz August 14, 2020

The question is:
Is there a way in Automation for JIRA to automatically link tickets that are within a fixversion to a specific ticket type also within that same fixversion?

I would run this on the scheduler trigger, but the goal is this.

Fixversion is established: lets call it release-abcd

I have a current working automation that when a new fixversion is created it creates a ticket of issuetype called "Release Candidate" and added the created fixversion to it.

If any tickets (bug, task, story) are added to the above fixversion, I ideally want to have something auto link those tickets to the Release Candidate ticket which is also within the same fixversion.

There would be only 1 RC ticket per release and only 1 RC ticket per fixversion.

Is this even possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2020

Hi @Larry Katz 

To confirm:

• There is one issue per release of type "Release Candidate"
  • RC has a FixVersion, unique to it
  • If Bugs, Stories or Tasks have the same FixVersion added to it - they should auto-link to the RC issue

------------------

If yes, this is how I got it to work:

1. Trigger: Field Value Changed - FixVersions
  2. Condition: Issue Fields Condition - Issue Type (field) is one of (condition) Story, Task, Bug (value)
  3. Branch: JQL (type of related issue) - JQL: issuetype = "Release Candidate"
  4. Condition: Issue Fields Condition - FixVersion (field) equals (in any order) (condition) Fix Versions from the trigger issue (field)
  5. Action: Link Issues - <<link type here>> (this issue) trigger issue (issue)

------------------

^ Remember for the link type in Step 5 - you are linking from the Release Candidate to the other issue, due to the Branch in Step 3.

You can modify part of the rule depending on your specific need - for example:

• Modify the condition in Step 4 to equal all FixVersions in a Release Candidate if there are more than one, or any other condition you prefer
  • Add an additional Condition before the branch, to ensure FixVersion is not empty on the trigger issue, if there are Release Candidates with no FixVersion

------------------

Let us know if this works for you :)

Ste

Larry Katz August 15, 2020

This is EXACTLY what I needed, and works perfectly, Thanks much! I was looking at the trigger wrong, field value changed for fixversion for sure did it. Much Appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events