Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto change status after 7 days

Syed Omair Masood October 17, 2023

Objective: Automatically change the status of a ticket from "Pending" back to "In Progress" if no updates occur within 7 days.

Steps:

1. Trigger on Status Change:

• Set up an automation to trigger when a ticket's status changes to "Pending".
  2. Start Monitoring:

• Once a ticket is marked as "Pending", the monitoring period begins.
  3. 7 Days Grace Period:

• For the next 7 days, the system will watch for any updates or changes to the ticket.
  4. Inactivity Check:

• If there are no updates within the 7-day period, the system proceeds to the next step.
  5. Automated Status Reversion:

• After 7 days of inactivity, the ticket's status will automatically revert back to "In Progress".

Note: Ensure to configure this automation within your ticketing system's settings.

Additional Info:

If you've tried to set up this automation previously and faced issues with the delay, it's possible that the initial setup might need adjustments. You may want to review your automation rules and scripts to ensure they are correctly configured for the 7-day waiting period.

Images are attached for reference 

a query that is working "project = "JIRA testing" AND status IN (Pending)"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2023

Hi @Syed Omair Masood 

I'd suggest the simplest solution would be to use a scheduled job to run every day (or how ever frequently you need to check) ... then find those tickets which not been updated in the past 7 days and update status accordingly.

Something like the following should do the trick ....

Screenshot 2023-10-17 094811.png

I hope thiis helps?

Thanks,

TC.

Thanks, i will try and will update you 

also, can you share with me step by-step how you configure this a short video or session on any desk that would be helpful. thank you in advance 

Getting this Error Screenshot 2023-10-17 013657.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events