Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Assigning ticket - Slack notification doesn't show assignee info

I've got an automation that will auto-assign a Critical ticket to the lead dev role - which works great.

The automation also sends a Slack notification to a #critical channel.

Except when I use {{assignee.displayName}} it's empty every time.

I've tried taking out the Slack notification and putting in another automation based on the same criteria - makes no difference.

I've also tried taking the Slack notification to act on Comments - and that works.

It's almost like the timing of the automation doesn't have the data update available until later or something - I don't know ...

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Mark,

Have you tried to use the action "Re-fetch issue data" after updating the assignee?

Hi @Jose Luis Lopez thank you for the quick reply!

I've looked around but cannot see that option - sounds perfect.  Where is it, please?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Automation

Jira Automation: Sum Up Story Points Roundup (Initiatives -> Epics -> Story/Tasks -> Subtasks)

Hi Everyone, In this roundup we combine all the jira automation rules to sum up story points across different issue types. We start from the lowest level, summing up story points from sub-tasks t...

3,098 views 10 9
Read article

Atlassian Community Events