Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign smart value to issue

Beata Borsos July 11, 2022

Hi All,

I would like to create an automation rule for a project.

I would like to achive that if our issue is transitioned from one column to another assign it to the user in the Belső tanácsadó customfiled which is filled when the issue is created.

So I use the smart value (assign issue to-smart value)  but it does not matter what I  write into the ´´user field´´ my rule does not do anything. It does not fail (as i get email for every failing, in this case i don´t)but don´t do anything.

I would like the user in  the belső tanácsadó field automatically became the assignee.

I tried e.g. {{belső tanácsadó.displayName}}, then without e.g., {{issue.belső tanácsadó.displayName}}, {{issue.customfields_10049}}, and almost all kind of variaton of theese.

I would appriciate if you could help me.

Thank you all

Beata

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2022

Hi @Beata Borsos 

As far as I know the assignee field needs to be set with the user´s accountID. So if your customfield is of type "user picker" the following smart value should do the work:

{{issue.customfield_xxx.accountId}}

If this doesn´t solve the problem please share a screenshot of your automation to provide more details for deeper analyze.

Best
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

So here is how my issue is field. You can see my user picker custom fields is filled with one of the jira user, and when i move my issue, I would like him (or any user in this field) to become the assignee.

Below you can see my rule, if that field is empty than assign it to me (this part works perfectly), if the filed is not empty, than assign it to the user already in the field.

Thanks,

2022-07-11_10-27-18.png2022-07-11_10-29-2.png

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2022

Hi @Beata Borsos 

Thanks for sharing your automation rule here. In Automation for Jira the rule breaks if a condition doesn´t match. In this case every time the custom field is NOT empty the rule breaks. 

To fullfill your requirement use an if/else clause instead of a simple condition and in the edit action use the above mentioned smart value. This should work fine then.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Best
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thank you, yes it worked, 

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2022

AWESOME 🙌🏼 great to know it‘s working.

0 votes
Tim C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2022

Hi @Beata Borsos 

I agree with @Stefan Salzl  ...  e.g. {{customfield_10049.accountId}} works fine for me.,

Notes:

"customfield_10049" (& not "customfields_10049")

"accountId" (& not "accountID").

Hi Tim,

Maybe I am writing it in a wrong format? Can you check it because it still doesn´t work form me I think I make the mistake here now. I tried it without ´the issue.´ as well...

2022-07-11_11-05-25_3.png

Tim C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2022

Take off the "e. g." in the field box - it should just be the smart value. 

Thank you for your help, it worked :)

Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2022

Hi @Beata Borsos

To me it looks like you are using normal if statements over an else if. The normal if statements should only be used for items that always need to be true. You have two different options so use an else if.

Dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events